Monday, December 31, 2012

Design Wall Monday--Dec 31, 2012

Last day of the year, last Design Wall Monday, and the day I get my Christmas Annual Newsletter in the mail!

On my design surface today are parts for a small table runner I sketched out for DD Elaine and hubby and am using my new GO! cutter to make.

They tend to like more modern and minimal so this will be chevrons in solids.  It is meant for Christmas but really could be used at any time.  The gray and green HSTs have been made.  I do have more of both solids but am running low on the cream print so will have to see where I stand when cutting for the red rows, three of which are planned, so that means 36 HSTs in cream.  It will be a race to the end of the fabric! I sketched out triangle ends on the runner and since I have plenty of red, may make red borders too since the chevron rows will finish at 12" wide.  See more Design Walls on Judy's Patchwork Times.

And have a Happy New Year!

11 comments:

Joyful Quilter said...

Send me a close up of the cream...I think I have it, if so you can have it.

Janet O. said...

Do your HSTs turn out more uniform and needing no trimming when you make them with your GO?

Rhonda said...

I love your use of HSTs and the Chevron design is one of my favorites.

Denise :) said...

Oooh...chevrons...very nice! And very fresh and modern! :)

Anonymous said...

Chevrons are so in at moment! I don't have that cream...bummer I can't help.

Abby and Stephanie said...

I think you hit modern and minimal on the head. Chevrons seemed to be all he rage. Great design.

Sue Daurio said...

Love the Chevrons, would make great placemats too. So how do you like the Go cutter?

Kate said...

Love the chevrons, very pretty! Hope your cream fabric holds out till the very end.

Kim Brackett said...

Nice table runner!

I hope you have a very happy New Year!

Kim Brackett said...

Nice table runner!

I hope you have a very happy New Year!

Shay said...

Playing catchup here ..

Love those chevrons. Very modern and miniminalist.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...