Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thursday's Report

Boring post title--I'm in a hurry!   A friend is on her way here.

Hey, thanks for all the blue dot love.  As I replied to most of you, the blue dot was always in the lead but I was mourning its impending end, since I barely have enough to make the binding and then that beloved fabric will be gone.  But it was well used, so no real regrets! 

My sewing area once again looks like a bomb went off in there, I have been working on so many different things and getting distracted with ideas for my scraps, but there has been some sewing going on.

Trust me, there is another point on the end of that runner, I just couldn't seem to get it in the camera shot.  I let the amazing Bonnie of quiltville.com do the MATH--her tip sheets have saved me often.  This time to get the proportions for the triangle ends, I used her formula for on point settings, figuring that the end of the runner was like a corner block in an on point setting.   It worked perfectly and I am ready to go on to the backing and quilting.  Sigh of relief!

7 comments:

Janet O. said...

Bonnie's tip sheets have saved me many a time. In fact, I just used them ti figure the side and corner triangles for my Barrister's Sow-Along blocks.
The table runner looks very good--bold and graphic!

Michele said...

Thanks for the tip about her tip sheets! I didn't know about them.

Shay said...

Its all very confusing when your brain is being assaulted by a bajillion ideas at once. Im sure you can handle it though!

Rocking the runner there Annie. I love it !

Marg said...

I did know about Bonnie's tips but I keep forgetting to use them!!!
Love the chevrons.

Browndirtcottage said...

Great runner! Whatever would us quilters do without our 'Bonnie"???

Kim Brackett said...

Love the table runner! My sewing room is such a mess that I can't even navigate to my machine right now. :-)

Kate said...

Stunning runner! I love quilt instructions cheat sheets!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...