- I've had a crock pot for ten years and only used it about three times all those years. Now I've used it twice in two weeks. Tonight we had chicken tortilla soup. Yummm. Except the title of the recipe was misleading since there were no tortillas in it; we ate them on the side.
- Putting away all the Christmas decorations takes way longer than you think it will and there are always a few stragglers that get left out. I found two today.
- On New Year's Eve Grant and I went to see a movie that I highly recommend. "Argo" is a story about six Americans who escaped from the American Embassy in 1979 when the Iranians took it over and held so many others hostage. They were protected by the Canadian Ambassadors who took them into their homes. "Argo" is the scheme used to by the CIA agent played by Ben Affleck (who also directed) to try to get them out of Iran. Amazing true story that no one knew anything about for many years. And very entertaining! There's a bit of cussing and some disturbing images.
- Traffic rant: Drivers who speed up when you are trying to merge onto the freeway, assuming WRONGLY that they have the right of way. Nope!
- Who thought this was a good idea?
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Tuesday's Orts--Jan 8, 2013
Orts--bits and scraps of thoughts and events of my week that land here semi-regularly.