Monday, January 7, 2013

Design Wall Monday--Jan 7, 2013

First DWM of 2013--glad I have something to show for it, and thanks to Judy for continuing this well-loved feature.  On my design surface are a multitude of projects.  I've been sewing a LOT.

The pinwheels from scraps are laid out in tablerunner fashion.  The blocks are about 9 inches and a 4 x 3 block layout was just too small to do anything with.  Pondering if I want to make more blocks to play with or call this done and make it a real tablerunner. 

After dragging my feet for a few days--I needed TWO more HSTs of the red and white to complete the center--and had enough of the cream to do so, thankfully.  It will end up being about 40 inches long, I believe, so will be a table mat more than a runner.  I'll use the red for the borders, end triangles, backing and binding.  DD Elaine will get this and is excited about it. 

More scrap fun with red and green.  These will be mug mats for the Shoppe.  I'll do a stitch and turn on these, and use up some batting scraps in the process. 

More scrappy mug mats for the Shoppe.  Heart block pattern is from About.com.  The green calico I'm using for the backing has been in my stash for ages.  It once covered the walls in my daughters' room.  I've used it in so many quilts and will be happy to see the end of it finally!

Since this photo I quilted these four mug mats and bound them with leftover binding from my scrap bin.  I'll hand stitch them down this afternoon while I work at the Shoppe and put them out for sale.  I have a bunch more already cut in pink, and if popular, will make some in red.  See more design walls on Judy's Patchwork Times.

13 comments:

Janet O. said...

You always have so many projects going, Annie. Makes me feel almost focused! : )
I know I had some of that same green years ago.
Love your little heart mats. Are your sales doing well at the Shoppe?

julieQ said...

You know I love those heart mug mats the best!!! I am so glad you have had time to sew.

Nicole said...

Wow! Your projects are incredible! I especially love that zig zag one.

Chris said...

Such fun projects. I love the zigzag

Shay said...

You crazy busy lady! Lots of loveliness going on there.

Im still loving the chevron quilt.

Its been way too hot to get into the sewing room here and do anything. Im hanging out for holidays so I can get some real sewing done !

Chris said...

Busy Girl!
I love me a nice zig-zag and yours is perfect. I'm glad you pushed yourself to finish the center. It was worth it.

Michele said...

Your pinwheel blocks look wonderful! How great that they are scraps :-)

One Minnesota Quilter said...

Cute heart mug mats. I think I had some of all of the fabrics at one time. Was the green fabric attached to the wall by fabric starch?

Judy

Darlene said...

My goodness Annie, you've been super busy. So many fabulous projects.

Judy Dietrich said...

Lots of motion in those 2 quilt tops!! Love your scrappy red & green quilt--seems to just sing in happiness. The mug rugs are a great use for scraps. I hope they are popular with customers!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty and I am a big fan of the chevron and I haven't made one yet. The table mat size are perfect for my loveseat and I show them off there. Lovely fabrics too.

Browndirtcottage said...

OH OH I see PINK!

S.W.O.O.N......!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Great projects!! Love the pinks!!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...