Saturday, April 27, 2013

For Baby O

I managed to finish the houndstooth baby quilt a mere 15 minutes before the baby shower today at noon for my Bunco mate, Leslie.
I got up early this morning and completely stipple quilted the sandwich, made the binding and applied it, and hand stitched up the corners in near record time, for me.  Have I mentioned I'm not fast?

 The sock monkeys are dancing all over the back.  A simple label completed the gift.

 The beautiful mom-to-be Leslie was most generous in her praise of the quilt, which made me happy.

There's a novelty in this photo--my friend is taller than I am :)  Others at the shower commented this quilt should hang on the wall. I told Leslie to let it be dragged around, spit up on, closed in a car door, washed a hundred times, or whatever life with three kids dishes out.  I want my quilts to be used and loved!  Now on to quilt number 2, which is due in a week and DD Elaine is waiting for it...fairly patiently so far...

9 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations on the finish...and meeting the deadline with seconds to spare! The new mom looks absolutely radiant!

Janet O. said...

Nothing like working to the deadline! : )
A very reversible quilt, Annie--both sides are fun!
The last baby quilt I gifted including a note telling the mom much the same as you said to this recipient.
Hope you have a little more breathing room with the next one!

Lorraine said...

You certainly know how to work to a deadline! Great finish!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Beautiful. When I gift a quilt I tell them to use it and let babies do what babies do, then wash it and let it be loved.

One Minnesota Quilter said...

Great quilt - I am sure it will be loved!

Judy

Lee said...

It turned out lovely, great job!

Shay said...

Oh Annie-its so beautiful. You did a great job! Those colours just sing.

I gave a way a quilt on the weekend and when the recipient voiced concerns about using it I said exactly the same thing you said. Quilts are supposed to be used and loved and washed a million times.

McIrish Annie said...

Flames to the fanny is a great motivator! LOL! came out gorgeous.

oops, I think I smell more smoke!!! better get moving on DD's quilt. You can do it!

Kate said...

Oooooh, pretty! Congrats on the speedy finish!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...