- A very embarrassing weed patch on the side of the house obtained new life this past weekend. After paying to have a gardener clear it, twice! I finally got the weed block cloth laid down and bought mulch and a few large plants. I had to break my rule about going to the home center twice in one day to complete a project, though. It takes a lot of mulch to make a two inch layer on a 6 x 15 foot planting bed!
- The neighborhood boys will miss digging holes looking for treasure there, but it was long past time to beautify this part of the front yard. Like two years too long.
- Russell the shepherd dog has a small flock these days. Last evening he came into the bedroom looking for the second one (DH), who was in the shower. Not finding him, I watched as Russell went to the top of the stairs and looked down to the living room, left and right, then turned around to look in the office door, and finally went a few steps down the hall to look in the music room before coming back towards me. The look on his face was hilarious: "Dang, where did he go? I only have two humans to look after and I've lost one!"
- Traffic Rant: Drivers who cannot wait three seconds for a pedestrian to get past their lane, but instead swing out around them to turn the corner.
- On my breaks, I enjoy a quick walk around the neighborhood near the office, an eclectic mix of houses ranging from the 20's to the 50's. I had to smile when I saw the protectors on this gate's wrought iron spikes:
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Tuesday's Orts--scraps and bits of thoughts and events that land here semi-regularly.