Monday, January 6, 2014

Design Wall Monday

On my design surface today are piles of flying geese in gray and brown and aqua and burnt orange.

These piles will become twosies and then foursies; each print has three foursies which equals twelve geese in each print and there are nine different prints so that makes--a whole lotta geese to fly on my grandson-to-be's baby quilt!  His mommy and daddy bought and assembled his crib today so this Mimi-to-be needs to get these twosies and foursies finished so the game of Layout and Switcheroo can take place on the way to a finished quilt top.  This fast geese method is the best! 

See more design walls on Judy's Patchwork Times.   

10 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

I agree, that flying geese method is the best and they seems to multiply much faster doing them that way :) I do this method but following the "wing clipper" directs where you cut the squares a little bigger, then trim them down using the "wing clipper" ruler. LOVE the colors your using!

Denise :) said...

What a great combination of colors!! This will be a lovely, special quilt!! :)

Janet O. said...

Lots of geese in your future, Mimi-to-be (WooHoo)!
I must say, they look very crisp and precise. Nice job!

Sherrill said...

That's going to be SO pretty in the nursery!! Can't wait to see it all done.

Shay said...

This little tyke is going to have the best baby quilt ...Love those geese!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Baby quilts are the best-est!

Marg said...

Great colour combination, love those geese.

Vivian said...

My tool box has 3 or 4 different rulers to make my flying geese construction easier (according to designers' promises), but your favorite method is my favorite too. I keep going back to this one.
This is going to be one sweet baby quilt.

Dawn said...

What a joy to have a baby bundle to sew for! Love the geese.

Kate said...

Your flying geese look great. I agree the method you are using is my absolute favorite for making them.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...