On my design wall is another interrupted UFO, as well as one off the design wall that has moved along since last week.
Our guild had a Philanthropy Sew In on Saturday and I took the completed L-sashed blocks to assemble into a top.
I like it! It's a bit small at 40" square so will need some expansion with borders--a problem for another day. Guild members were working on assembling monthly challenge blocks into tops, and kitting up backing, binding, and batting for already completed tops. I took some precut squares, extra yardage, and a kit home to play with from donated fabric piles Funnily enough, in a pile of donated fabric there was one square of the kitty print!
I set to work later on Saturday making Bullseye blocks. My brother requested a quilt and I had a small finished top that I'm expanding with additional borders and pieced blocks.
I need a whole lot more of these to fit around the quilt top.
Anyone who has made these blocks knows the circles multiply in smaller sizes as you cut out the centers of each round. At least I got easier instructions from Mary of Quilt Hollow, who gifted me the original batch of bullseye blocks, to cut squares, fold them in quarters and use scissors to cut the circles, rather than my original method of tracing plates! Here's the existing quilt, hastily modeled by DD Erica:
I may duplicate some of the darker print backgrounds just for fun.
The current outside border is an old Thimbleberries print.
See more design walls on Judy's Patchwork Times.