There was very little sewing being done the last little while, so my design surface has been empty. My sewing room had become completely unworkable with stuff piled everywhere. But having cleared out the whole room for the large crowd we hosted for Thanksgiving dinner, a fresh start was afforded once again! I spent a lovely couple of hours on my High Cotton quilt (Kim Diehl, Simple Comforts book). After counting up all the colors already made, I decided to add more green blocks. No surprise there, as green is my favorite color :)
Then I worked on a Guild charity quilt. I picked up the kit with completed top, backing, and batting a couple of months ago. Last weekend at our Guild Sew-In I started pinning the quilt, only to find the backing was several inches too short, but luckily extra wide. That ended the pinning session until I could cut off the extra width and stitch it onto the bottom. Yesterday I accomplished that task and began quilting. A spool of pink Aurifil thread from the thread bin matched perfectly and I used my favorite wiggly line to cross hatch the top.
Really cute layer cake quilt pattern, with sewing motifs, text prints, buttons and graphics on the fabrics. I wish I knew the designer. Another guild member constructed the top at a previous Sew-In.
See more Design Walls on Judy's Patchwork Times.