This month is going by too quickly, though I did slow it down by getting a head cold that made me dizzy and required a lot of rest on Friday and Saturday. Some stitching did get done, including finishing a cross-stitch (see last post) and making a bunch of Tri-Recs for the Humble Quilts Doll Quilt Swap project.
At the Road to California show I purchased a V-block Trimmer by Deb Tucker, which I used to construct these 2.5" finished triangle-rectangles all exactly alike by making them slightly oversized and then trimming down. The same tool is used to cut the necessary pieces and then trim after sewing. I love that! In playing with the layout, the center row just wanted to be all light backgrounds.
The center row also wanted to point the opposite direction--I didn't argue! My intention was to use the red striped fabric in the center and the brown on the edges, but it didn't look great to me.
I like this much better. A dark binding of some sort will finish it off.
Also under the sewing needle were some improv flower blocks for the guild's next Opportunity Quilt, based on a tutorial at Quiltingismytherapy.com of her Impracticality quilt.
They were supposed to be monochromatic but this one refused.
See more design walls on Judy's Patchwork Times.