Thursday, June 21, 2018

Squirrel #2 of the Week, and Blogger Email Notifications

Squirrel #2 of the week is a project that was already started--Bonus points for that squirrel!  I think I bought this kit at Road to CA last year.  The company is Pineapple Fabrics and they had kits made up of different projects in the yummiest fabric, with original patterns and lots of color combinations.  I must have spent 20 minutes circling the display before I finally selected one for placemats.  Last month I got all the pieces cut, but made a decision to change the final construction after I had assembled the center fronts and the back pieces.  I made mine scrappier, no surprise there! 

While I liked the hourglass center and the fabric variety, I changed the matching side borders (as shown in the pattern photo) and decided to make mine quilt-as-you-go rather than stitch and turn.  I like a binding on my placemats. Needing some mindless stitching last night, I set to work on the sandwiching and quilting. 
Stripes, polka dots, birdies, and raindrops--aren't these fabrics cute!  After sandwiching the centers to the backs, I stitched on the side pieces and pressed them in place. I played around with some specialty stitches, selecting the maximum size stitch in the program, and with the walking foot got to quilting.  I made the quilting lines about 3/4" inch apart, but didn't mark the top.  

 ...Scrappier Front making me happy!

I was able to fussy cut the row of houses on the fabric.  I managed to get two placemats quilted before running out of steam last night.  A trip to the fabric store will be necessary for some binding fabric options, but I'm not mad :)

Blogger has announced a change to hopefully fix the comments not coming to email.  However, I don't think this is working perfectly, judging from posts I am seeing on Instagram. I'll try leaving myself a comment on this post to check, but will not hold my breath!  That "noreply" email address must have millions of emails in it by now.

10 comments:

AnnieO said...

Is this fixed yet? Not clicking follow up comments

Loris said...

Sweet new project of the placemats. The fabrics are lovely!
I tried the email fix and somehow now have lost the comment bar on Blogger for me to read the comments and moderate them. I'm trying to figure out how to fix that. This is crazy!

Kate said...

Another very pretty squirrel! You made lots of progress this week. I tired the email fix and it seems to be working.

Janet said...

We'll im hoping this comment gets to you because I want to say how great that project is....really like your choices of fabric and design 👍👍👍😊

Janet O. said...

I really like your placemat creations. A very nice squirrel.

Louise said...

Such cute fabrics! The houses are my favorite. What direction do you think you'll go with the binding? The green? The gray?

Lorraine said...

love the placemats! ...and the fabric is super cute!

Preeti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Preeti said...

I like all your fabrics but the fussy cut houses are da bomb!!! Oh, that blogger issue can be fixed. Julie of https://quiltdivajulie.blogspot.com/ sent me this link https://funwithbarbandmary.blogspot.com/2018/06/summer-blogger-fix.html.
I followed instructions in the link and voila - it worked. I did a happy dance and sent a thank you note to Julie.

AnnieO said...

trying out the email to hotmail

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...