I hope all the dads had a great Father's Day. We went to a BBQ at my Mom and Dad's and all my siblings were there, lots of nieces and nephews, for about 30 guests. Boy does it take a lot of set up and clean up, but we sure had fun. The grandsons had a great time being spoiled with attention as they were the youngest in the crowd.
Now that Narragansett Browns is a finished top, I need a new leader-ender project. A few years ago, American Patchwork and Quilting magazine had a sew along they called Go Four It, based on four patches. I fell in love with Edyta Sitar's design, a bar quilt with braids of four patches. However, her design called for 1.25" pieces for the four patches and I don't save pieces that small, so resized ito utilize my 1.5" and 2.5" precut strips and squares. These I have used as leader-enders for quite some time and I have made hundreds of four patches. Last year I showed a possible alternate layout , and have made lots more of the 3.5" square-in-squares. I revised my plan to make a larger quilt and did the MATH again. I now only need 70 each of light and dark square-in-squares.
I'll lay out all the little blocks individually in diagonal rows and then use 3.5" setting squares of a print or solid. My design eliminates one bazillion setting triangles, which I am happy about! It feels good to see this leader-ender closer to becoming a quilt top.
A squirrel jumped out of a box while I was looking for something else in the Hoosier cabinet that houses my precuts, project boxes, and pattern books. Oh, they are sneaky, those squirrels!
Some Broken Dishes blocks made from a Turnover of Frolic fabric I won on Sandy Gervais' blog years ago. I trimmed all the HSTs to 5.5" inches. Some Grunge fabric would look great as a border, I think. There are still MORE pieces left of the Turnover to do something with. I need to sew faster!