Tuesday, August 28, 2018

More Log Cabins

I spent a good deal of time over the weekend pawing through the scrap drawers and sorting out pieces for the Log Cabin Loonies blocks for Julie K's sewalong.  I sewed up the first batch with the 18 red print 2" squares I had. 

I then sewed up the first batch with 18 red print 2" squares.  While Julie's directions said to assemble these counterclockwise, that didn't really happen in my case.  But the result is overall the same so I am not concerned.   My photo is a little blurry, sorry!

I got through the first two rounds of all 18 blocks before pooping out for the day.  More cutting ensued over the weekend and I'm ready to add the final two rounds on these.  I'm just concentrating on scrappy and not particularly a light to dark gradation in the colors--that requires more thinking than I'm willing to expend!  Linking to Julie's blog  HERE.

Also over the weekend I washed the Adornit Mason Jar embroidery project, which I had taken the last few stitches in at last. 
The Solvy dissolved much faster than I expected it too and after some drying time and then pressing, it is ready for a frame or hoop.  I'm planning to start some small Christmas Lizzy Kate designs next. 

9 comments:

AnnieO said...

send to email

Janet O. said...

I am impressed with the organization of your log cabin components.
That is a such a cute embroidery piece. You really did a nice job with it!

loulee said...

Your stitchery is lovely.
The log cabin block is always a winner.

Kate said...

Oooh, that stitchery turned out beautifully! You've got a nice scrappy vibe going with the log cabin blocks. Happy stitching!

julieQ said...

OH how pretty! I am loving your blocks! Are you left handed, just curious? Very pretty stitchery!

Cathy said...

I never sew log cabins counterclockwise either. Yours are looking wonderfully scrappy. Love the mason jar stitchery!

Quilter Kathy said...

Your embroidery is so lovely! Great job on the log cabins too!

Barb said...

sweet embroidery!
your LC organization is inspiring

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Pretty little blocks...and nice embroidery!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...