Saturday, September 8, 2018

Three for September Twofer

Three for September: I am choosing a to work on a different WIP every three days this month. 
 
I was out of the house most of the day yesterday, errands included going to the pharmacy, fabric store, and I snuck in a lunch out with DD Erica.  I had intended to get in the sewing room in the late afternoon but succumbed to a nap and missed dinner.  Not being tired, I got stuck into sewing Jewel Box blocks into rows, with the Twofer part the leader-ender square in squares.  

 All the rows are completed and I have the first pair at the sewing machine for assembly.


These square in squares were sewn and trimmed before the night was over. Lots more  bright triangles are cut and ready to sew on.

I picked up a Thomas Fire quilt to bind, and did a little shopping at Superbuzzy for more neutrals.  

The length of Kona Snow I hope will be sufficient for another new project.  A couple of jelly rolls are on their way from Etsy to be sewn into Happy Tiers quilts for my cousin's granddaughters for Christmas.  I'm aiming for National Jelly Roll Day sewing (9/15).  This will interrupt my Three for September, but I will find a way to fit in a less work intensive WIP.  According to my schedule, the 15th will be the third day of whichever project chosen. 

Now, off to sew!

5 comments:

AnnieO said...

send to email

Mcirishannie f/k/a quilt til you wilt said...

Wow busy bee!!

Janet O. said...

You are so productive, Annie!
Great progress on your scrap projects.
Is that a Little Red Riding Hood fabric in the bottom photo? So cute. :)

AnnieO said...

To Ann Rapice: I'm sorry I cannot reply to your nice comments! Your comment comes up as no reply and there is no email associated with your Google+ acct. Thank you for your nice words!

Kate said...

Sounds like you are making great progress with you 3 days of focus on a given project.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...