We weathered the entire 18 innings of that one wild game between Boston and our Dodgers, who finally won. Unfortunately, I discovered the next day that the poor night lighting meant I used black instead of dark green for the red sweater's detail and had to rip it out!
Prep work continued on the Michael Miller Challenge for Sewtopia Boston.
I used the GO! cutter to get all the same size pieces from the fat quarters provided. My plan was inspired by the cover quilt on this APQ magazine. I made a bunch of blocks but then ran into trouble, having failed to make some mirror image blocks for the layout I wanted. After making all the blocks I could squeeze out of the five fat quarters, several layouts emerged.
#3 using 8 of the blocks with a center medallion look. Then my sister came over and played around with the blocks some more. I have decided on a layout and will get this finished up tomorrow, I hope. This year's fabrics were a lot harder to work with since there was no variety in scale. Last year I made this tablerunner.
There is also a swap gift to make, packing to do of clothes, projects, accessories, and a hundred last minute items to check off the list before we head to Boston next week--my first visit to that city. Looking forward to seeing people we met last year at Sewtopia New Orleans, and getting to know new friends There is a shop hop, a couple of classes, lots of giveaways and games to enjoy, a popup shop, and open sewing til midnight. What fun!