Sunday, November 18, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

On my recent trip to Boston it was great to have some slow time to stitch on the plane.  My sister and I were lucky to have an empty seat between us on the way there, for all our junk, and not have to keep folding ourselves into pretzels to get stuff under the seat.  I spent more time with the Lizzie Kate Tiny Tidings project.  

Kitty is only missing a nose as I didn't have pink thread with me.  The bell luckily was included in the kit I bought at the thrift store last year.  The pre-framed Aida 14 ct came from Hobby Lobby. 

We went out to brunch this morning with our kids and grandkids for my birthday week, and DD Elaine gave me this darling embroidery kit:

So cute!  Can't wait to prep this for some holiday stitching. This gal designs fabric and I made stockings for the grandsons last year from her Christmas line.  See more Slow Sunday Stitching on Kathy's blog here

8 comments:

Kate said...

Love your jingle kitty and that bear is really cute. Hope you have time for some hand stitching this week.

Judy D in WA said...

Happy Birthday Week! Hope it's wonderful!!! You have been busy busy!
Love your kitty.

Janet O. said...

Very cute little critter. :)
Hey, it is my birthday week this week! Too bad we can't meet in the middle for a lunch date. That would be quite a jaunt. Would we end up somewhere in the middle of Nevada, with no eatery in sight? LOL

Sarah said...

Little kitty is very cute and a great charity shop find!

Preeti said...

A very happy birthday to you Annie. A pink nose sounds just perfect - be it sooner or later.

carol fun said...

Lizzie Kate is always fun to stitch... your kitty is adorable! Hope you get some stitching time this week and have a happy Thanksgiving!!

Kim said...

How nice to be able to enjoy a little stitching time on the plane. Your kitty cross stitch is sweet. Your new stitchery looks like a pretty one.

Karrin Hurd said...

Love your kitty stitchery! Too cute!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...