Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Three for March--Another pick and progress

Yesterday it was time to choose another UFO to work on for three days in March.  The draw was #10, Beach Cottage Beauty.  


This is another slow build project that I collected Batik fabrics for gradually. It was curiously difficult to find light green batiks, so there will be many repeats. There are four different blocks made from the color combos, here are some I worked on pairing last night.  The pattern is from Kim Brackett.


I have made a number of her quilts and have several of her books, but not her latest.  The quilt on the cover of this book is gorgeous and also made from Batiks.  I cut most of the fabrics with my GO cutter sometime last year, and am happy that they will be sewn into blocks at last.  More cutting and maybe shopping for more variety will be necessary---I don't have enough of each combo for the required number of blocks.  

Meanwhile, more progress was made on Three for March projects.  The Round Robin Star's binding is attached and the quilt trimmed. I'm loving the spiral quilting. 


So glad I had just enough of that light teal blue for the binding, which I'll hand sew to the back.

Also moved along is the Aussie Feedsacks.  The quilt center is now complete.


There is a pieced border next, requiring prints to be sewn before cutting into sections, and I got those paired up. 

Some of my favorite prints are in this closeup.  Very pleased with the construction so far.  I'll try using the pairs as leader-enders with the Beach Cottage blocks and move both along.

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

This post made me want to go look for my Kim Brackett books, but I admit that my sewing room is a disaster right now and the search would be more of a challenge than I am prepared to take on just now.
You have a gorgeous combination of batiks there. It will be such a pretty quilt! I haven't worked with batiks for a while now. Aside from the lush colors, I love how crisply they press.
You have made great progress once again with your 3 days at a time on a project.

Barb said...

You have great projects going here. The modern little quilt is great and love the blue binding. Gives it a pop! great quilting too.

loulee said...

You have achieved some lovely things. I'm a sucker for batik so will enjoy seeing updates on that one.

Kate said...

You've been moving along with your projects. Love the Aussie blocks, very pretty!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...