Friday, March 22, 2019

Three for March Keeps on Going!

Three for March, my UFO self-challenge, is nearing the close, only a few more picks left.  Last night I worked on pick #7, Beach Cottage, a Kim Brackett pattern from 2 1/2 inch strips.

It was good to spend time at the sewing machine after a very long and difficult day at work, getting some of each of the four color combos sewn. The blocks are assembled into ABCD blocks before final assembly. I'm looking forward to more yummy batik block making--these are easy to sew, no tiny pieces :)  Today I have off and am spending more time in the sewing room.  The pick this morning was #8, which happened to match with the same project number on my list, a small quilt with Blackwork embroidery by Stitchin' by the River that I bought at a quilt show several years ago. 


I had already cut the embroidery background pieces from this tea-dyed look Primitive Gatherings yardage, and got the edges zigzagged before tracing the pattern.

It is a beautiful day in SoCal and perhaps I will drive down to the beach and watch the waves while I stitch.  It has been quite a while since I was down there.  Later there will be some more sewing machine time and perhaps some clean up--flat surfaces are a complete disaster in the sewing room with all the projects being worked on this month!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Oh....I would so love to go and watch the waves with you....sooo miss the ocean.

Janet O. said...

Beautiful batik blocks. Some of those pieces look kind of small to me. How large is a finished block?
Great primitive looking black-work. How fun to go stitch by the ocean!

Kate said...

Gorgeous colors in your Beach Cottage blocks. Hope you were able to get in some nice stitching time down at the beach. That sounds like a wonderful way to spend a day off.

loulee said...

Another project I'm looking forward to watching.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...