Sunday, June 30, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching Again

I have occasionally joined Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching--more often than not I fail to post stitching progress on her blog linkup, but I enjoy reading and seeing all the pretty stitching news.  I've been working on the Slave Quarters stitchery that will eventually become a quilt for my sister.  

 
Lately I've been working on it in the mornings for a few minutes before breakfast, since I have to wait 30 minutes after I take my thyroid pill to eat anything.  

There is a lot of open space on this panel, which is on about an 11x17" piece of fabric.  I should get this finished by the end of the week at this rate; two smaller panels remain to be traced and stitched.

I'll also be slow stitching down a binding for a wedding gift due next weekend, a tablerunner for our oldest niece.  

These HSTs were sewn into a top in November 2018 and I got it sandwiched and quilted today.  The binding is an aqua solid and has been attached. 

See more Slow Sunday Stitching posts on Kathy's Quilts. 

4 comments:

Karrin Hurd said...

Great stitching! I love the colors in your HSTs!

CathieJ said...

I am reading this just after taking my thyroid medication. Always have to add in the extra half hour each day. Your embroidery is very pretty. I really like that piece. I look forward to seeing the finished table runner.

Janet O. said...

That is a wonderful primitive looking stitched piece. I look forward to seeing them all together.
My Mom has that thyroid med routine every morning, too.
Very pretty colors in your HST. Makes me think of a summer garden.

Tanya said...

The stitchery is beautiful and I agree it is a restful bit of handiwork that can be taken anywhere. I find my eyes don't do well with embroidery at night so if I do it at all these days it is in the morning!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...