Saturday, August 3, 2019

County Fair Results

My husband and I spent a few hours at the County Fair on Thursday night, mostly to see how my entries did, but also for the music, food, people watching, and fun.  We rode the free shuttle in from a satellite lot, saving us $15 parking fee at the Fairgrounds.   The Home Arts building was lightly populated so we were easily able to hunt for my quilts. 

A lovely red ribbon on the Falling Charms quilt.  This photo isn't the best!

A blue one on the ModZ block baby quilt.

Red for the embroidered center small quilt.


The Christmas Tree skirt got a 1st ribbon...

..as did the Round Robin Star quilt.  The lighting showed the spiral quilting well. 

My version of the Humble Quilts blog Sajou quiltalong mini earned a 3rd place.

The horrible lighting aside, the placemats showed another blue ribbon--even if they did have the backs facing up, lol.  Adding up, I was awarded 4 first, 2 second, and one 3rd place.  Lucky me!

My sister did very well on her quilts too. 
She earned a 2nd place ribbon on this quilt she was reluctant to enter---so many people love the DreamBig panel and she had fun quilting this on her longarm but didn't think it was show-worthy.  I told her to put it in anyway!

Kathy's Row Robin from Guild also did well.  I made the bottom row of this quilt top and love what Kathy did with all the quilting, so fun.  

Her shadowed squares also got a 3rd place.  This quilt is destined for a family member, I believe.  Again, Kathy did the quilting--love the texture.  

Another 3rd place on a modern quilt she made and quilted.  Love it.


Very poor photo of an H Bag Kathy made.  She has made dozens of these by now!  She had a couple other entries I did not get photos of.   There were a few fellow guild members who entered quilts but overall the number of quilts and other Home Arts categories gets smaller and smaller each year, which saddens me.  While I've been lucky each year with my entries, even if I don't win any ribbons, I love to see the work other crafters make and enjoy all the variety.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Congratulations on your ribbons;))) Isn't that terrific? Very pretty quilts..hugs, Julierose

Kate said...

Congrats on all the ribbons and congrats to your sister too! Very fun projects.

Loris said...

How fun to see you and your sister's quilts displayed and winning ribbons! You add to the Fair by doing it.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Congratulations to you and your sister - that's quite a nice collection of ribbons you both have!! I laughed out loud at the placemats in the case with the backs facing up - although it's more sad than funny - it reminds me of the days when I entered things in the County Fair - LOL - ;))

Janet O. said...

Your ribbon collection is evidence that you do quality work, Annie. Congrats!!

Barb said...

congratulations on your ribbons and yay for entering the fair. your sister's quilt is wonderful too!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...