Sunday, April 12, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching with Kathy

Joining Kathy's Quilts' Slow Sunday Stitching today.  Happy Easter!

I've continued working on a cross-stitch in my downtime between Telemedicine patients, especially when the patient fails to connect with the Video portion and reverts to a telephone call with the doctor, leaving me with nothing to scribe.  



This Lizzie Kate design is from a 2004 Easter Sampler booklet I scored a thrift store a few years ago.  I don't have all the colors called for but will substitute with what is on hand. I'll put the word SPRING at the bottom. I like these prestretched canvases, which I have bought in a 3 pack at Michael's as well as Hobby Lobby.  The project remains in our home office so I don't finish it too quickly!

We don't get to spend Easter with the grandsons, but visited them yesterday for a long time in the front of their house, keeping 6 feet apart, of course!  Grandson Cove was in and out of the house, and when watching from his bedroom window, occasionally called out, "You're too close!" to his parents and us, lol.  He was very upset when Kindergarten shut down as he loves his teacher.  Mama has had to become a preschool and kindergarten instructor in a flash, as the school year was canceled two weeks ago.   Poor Mama!

Our county has done pretty well, less than 300 illnesses and 10 deaths, which were all people in their 70s and 80s with underlying health conditions.  Such a scary and hard time--stitching and sewing masks help to pass the time and feel useful.  I must have made over 50 by now, with a few for neighbors to sew today. 

Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

How awesome to be able to stitch on work time!
Glad you could see your grandbabies, even if a 6' distance away.
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Loris said...

Such a smart kindergartner! I'm glad you were able to visit with them. It was a weird Easter for everyone. But aren't we grateful for those sheltering and not getting sick. Our county is a little less densely populated than yours probably and so we've only had one death. The next couple of weeks will be quite revealing as to how we are all doing.
I got several masks sewn but am running out of elastic. I'm considering ordering that or hair bands from Amazon but the sources all seem dicey or the delivery is far off. So will have to see how that goes.
Enjoy that sweet cross stitch :-)

Barb said...

Sew cute! Happy Easter

Tanya said...

Social distancing is hard of everybody. I don't think I would have survived homeschooling! A month of summer homework always had me and my kids arguing!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...