- I've continued working Guild projects, though my primary problem is obtaining batting! I think I have enough large cutoffs to piece for this little playmat for giving to a Mom and Baby class.
These pieces were leftover from a baby quilt I made 7 years ago and the cute Riley Blake prints needed to get out of the stash drawers.
Poor piggy is looking down at his cut off tail--I needed a few more smaller squares! I have a couple more pieces of the fruit print and will pull something from stash to piece a backing.
- Our neighbors are organizing a Cinco de Mayo Social Distancing Driveway party tonight. We've placed our order with our favorite Baja-style fish taco place. All the neighborhood kids have been having bike rodeos in the evenings on our cul de sac.
- We did another social distancing visit with our daughter's family. I gave the boys some bubble wands and a refill of bubble soap. The kids had spent all day playing in the backyard. Mama has even gotten out the Teepee I made Cove for his first birthday--it makes a great shad shelter in the backyard--where they have been spending many hours a day since they can't go to daycare, the gym, school, work.... A neighbor was getting a drive by birthday party that evening too, lots of honking and waving, several trips around the cul de sac :)
- Our son and his wife have their first wedding anniversary this month and I am working on their quilt--though my son always calls it "Ashley's quilt"--Dreamweaver by Jen Kingwell Designs. I had expanded the pattern size and getting things to fit together has been problematic. There was sacrifice of the design to attach the center ring to the outer ring applique style, with overlap of more than an inch, but c'est la vie', it is done.
- Um--it turns out my template plastic was NOT heat resistant! I used a tiny buttonhole stitch to attach the center and inner ring to the outer ring. The next step is bias tape to finish the circle edges and the spokes of the dreamweaver. I have to buy more of the solid turquoise that Ashley wants. I mocked up the size bias tape I wanted with a leftover binding strip from something else.
- Traffic rant: Despite far fewer cars on the road, the tailgaters are worse than ever! Seems that less patience for delays is available during social distancing.
- Someone really wanted me to get up out of bed the other morning...hi Mini