Friday, May 1, 2020

May Day Play

Happy May Day!  I was very happy to see the hind end of April--what a month of upheaval and angst!  There was a lot of quarantine stitching done and I finished up the month with a WIP/UFO of 30's fabrics. The pieces have been safely in their box since May 2017 and were happy to get some fresh air after all this time.  I chose another Kim Brackett design, Summer Breeze from Scrap Basket Surprises for these prints  First order of business was to get HSTs made into pinwheels, then borders around the blocks. 


A lot more cutting was needed for the outer border pieces and alternate setting blocks and then a whole lot of pairing and switcheroo before and after sewing.  I mocked up a layout on the cutting table with a few finished blocks.

Such cheerful colors and prints.  Next was layout and more switcheroo...

Mini is always ready to hold a block in place. 

Two days of moving blocks resulted in the final layout. Rows are stacked and ready to sew. The border pieces will be added after the center is assembled. There is binding fabric in the project box too.  I'm glad this happy quilt is occupying the downtime at home.  

I am working a bit more now as another technological method can now connect me to the doctor's telephone visit when a patient does not have a smartphone or laptop/tablet, or the internet connections don't line up for a video visit.  This makes the doc very happy--as he then has me to scribe the visit as usual and can just review later and sign.  The practice is also changing electronic health programs and now we have an hour of training assigned each day online.  Sigh. 

Happy Anniversary to my Mom and Dad, 62 years tomorrow, wow!

3 comments:

Barb said...

I love seeing your work in progress.

Many changes have taken place in the last few months and I am sure some will stick. Happy Anniversary to your parents.

Loris said...

Great design for those lovely fabrics! You have such a sweet helper :-)
Scribing must be even more challenging with having to listen on the phone. We had a telemedicine appointment with our doc the other day. My iPhone 6 doesn't have the best speaker, I guess. Should have used my DH's 8 for clarity.

Tanya said...

Very pretty prints. You get so much done! It makes me feel like you have more hours in a day than I do... Why is that?

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...