Thursday, July 16, 2020

Days Running Together

I'm sure many of us are feeling the same way....the days are not very well demarcated. I have to think every morning when I wake up, what day is this and who am I working with?  I'm still working remotely from home, which includes interminable waiting times some days due to connectivity problems the patients have.  We have had a few internet drops, which of course affect both me and my husband.  He is involved in a lot of conference calls with his work, and I'm connected to two different medical record programs plus video conference calls for patient visits.  Technology is great when it works properly!  So I am happy to have the laptop computer for work, as I can move it to my sewing room while waiting.  One morning I pinned a quilt between the morning patient visits.  I had originally not pinned the Dreamweaver quilt, but because of the amount maneuvering under the needle that is going to be required with the medallion and appliques, became concerned for shifting.  I felt better about it after the pins were in. 

I finished the cross stitch watermelon project that occupied down time over a week ago.

I could not find my regular skein of black floss so used the perle cottton, which worked just as well.  Pretty cute and I'm happy to have it for summer decorating. 

Yesterday we were very busy with patients, so some piecing only happened occasionally.  I got out my "small projects box" and played with leftovers.



I don't recall where I got the Chrysanthemum print, but the leftover pieced blocks were from a quilt I made our younger daughter a few years ago.  I had incorrectly made a ton of these for star blocks, in the wrong color.  I needed a spacer strip to make the pieces fit without losing too much of the pieced blocks. 


A fat quarter audition party resulted in this dark raspberry Dimples fabric for the backing.  Erica did not care for the chrysanthemum print so I will be keeping or gifting this little mat, once quilted.  My nails match, as I was able to see my friend at the salon recently.

My haircut was scheduled for next month and then the hair and nail salons and other businesses were all closed again indefinitely in my County, due to rising COVID-19 numbers.  Though still low for our overall population, the numbers are going the wrong way and we were put on a watch list.  Very frustrating for everyone who just started to get paid again.  DD Elaine was just getting back on her feet with clients--my parents got in for their cuts--so is very upset about having to close and reschedule all her clients.  I'm going to have to wait longer to get in, but eventually it will happen!  At least I can trim my own bangs....

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

The watermelon turned out very "sweet." :)
I do like the chrysanthemum fabric--makes a nice focus piece.
Seems there will be a lot of people sporting longer hair before this is all over. I just took my Mom for her first haircut since February, and she used to get one every 4-6 weeks.

Lorraine said...

I have to think about what day it is every morning when I wake up especially since I have retired!

Tanya said...

The numbers are going up again in my part of the world too. There is no governmental restriction but we are "encouraged" to stay at home, don't catch, don't pass on the virus... I've cancelled most everything for the month of August...

Kate said...

We've been back at work since mid May, so it's a bit easier to keep up with what day it is. But we don't do much besides go to work and get groceries, so the days do tend to blend. Love the mug rug, it's bright and fun. Hopefully, they will get a handle on this disease soon so we can all get back to normal, but that's probably more than a few months off at this point.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...