Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Greenpiece Progress

I managed to meet my desired deadline of November 30th to complete the remaining 4 wool applique blocks for the Greenpiece BOM, yay me!

The leaf blocks with interior details and the complex flower were joined by the final leaf and berry block--which I finished adding the detail backstitching to between telemedicine patients.  The blocks got trimmed to final size. 

So pleased to have completed all 20 after all these years.  I had to hunt back on the blog to find the post of the finished pieced blocks--December of 2012!  So pretty.

All the Moda block kits from the Fat  Quarter Shop were very generous and there are lots of leftovers.  I pulled the kits with the tree/grass medallion, already pieced borders, and the flange and outer border fabrics.  Goal for the month will be to complete the medallion (more wool applique to do!), and maybe add the assorted print corner triangles to the wool blocks. Eventually I'd like this quilt to hang in our bedroom.  I have had a queen size wooden quilt hanger that I bought from a co-worker since about the time I finished the pieced blocks.  My husband has questioned repeatedly if I still wanted it, every time we clean out the garage, and I tell him yes, I do, every time :)

5 comments:

julieQ said...

Of course you still want it, LOL! I love this quilt...it is just so very pretty!! Great thing to make your goal!

Julierose said...

Gosh what beautiful wool appliqueing you've done!!
Such lovely colors too
Hugs from afar--stay safe :() Julierose

Janet O. said...

This is going to be a beautiful quilt! And it will finally give that quilt hanger in the garage some meaning and purpose. ;)

RandiT said...

Nydelig!!

Tanya said...

Love all the different possibilities made in those star blocks! What a great assortment!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...