Monday, January 25, 2021

Design Wall Monday-Greenpiece Applique

 It's Design Wall Monday--see more beautiful work on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog. 

I've spent most of my stitching time on the wool applique for the Greenpiece BOM.  My goal is to have all the tree leaves stitched by next Monday's end of month. 

I have just over 20 leaves completely stitched, and a start on the little yellow ginkgo leaf at the base of the tree there. So far I am pretty pleased with how it is going stitching by quadrant.

A closer look at the mostly completed right side of the tree.  I like that applique is portable and I have been stitching in various rooms.  Mini likes it when I stitch in bed...


 ..but not when I move my legs from her dead sleeping weight!  What a look, right?

We've had more weather events, including some actual rain.  Luckily the roofer came to fix the bare spots from the windstorm before heavier rain fell.  Our daughter Erica pulled off the freeway to capture a rare event:


A lot of other folks did the same as she did!  More rain is expected this week--we really need it for our dry, dry state.  In other news, it seems Gov. Newsom will be lifting the stay-at-home orders today, we have heard...my parents have been ready for haircuts for weeks!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

What a rainbow!!! And in Southern California I can see why people were stopping to take pictures of it! Just beautiful!

Kate said...

So glad you got the roof in repaired before the rains came. That's a really awesome picture of a rainbow. Definitely worth stopping for.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...