I'm making progress on the doll quilt for Lori of Humble Quilts' swap, which needs to be mailed off in another 10 days. My newer Husqvarna Sapphire sewing machine needed a cleaning and after work on Tuesday I took a long drive to drop it off in a shop which sells the same brand machines. It was good to get out of the house on a nice day, even if I did miss my exit and have a 15 minute rerouting adventure I hadn't planned on! The place is very busy and I was told to expect a two week stay for my machine, at a minimum. I'm confident they know the brand so it is worth the wait.
I had constructed the doll quilt backing with the newer machine, but had to get out my older Husqvarna machine, a Lily, to do the quilting. Fortunately I had the insert for my sewing table as well as all the accessories and instruction book easily accessible so it was not too much trouble to get set up.
I had bought a walking foot for this model and a different one for the newer machine, and I am glad I did, because the original walking foot was not feeding properly.
Simple straight line quilting in the ditch around the blocks and border, and Xs marked with the Hera were soon completed. I sure missed my automatic presser foot lifter! I may add some hand stitching to the block centers. The binding has already been made and I just need to come up with a label before sending this off in the mail.
I sewed up a bunch more four patches from the neverending 2" squares. My cutting table is once again a disaster requiring a good hour to clean up. The problem is my storage is getting maxed out once again and I need to sew up larger pieces faster--especially since I just bought a fat quarter collection of Kim Diehl's Gratitude and Grace, and some extra yardage of favorite prints :)
Thanks for all the feedback on the linen/tea-dyeing dilemma on the last post. I'm going to cut off a piece of the linen and try dyeing that before committing to the whole piece.