Saturday, September 18, 2021

Easy Breezy Detour

It is time to finish up last year's leader-ender, Bonnie Hunter's Easy Breezy block on Quiltville.com.  For my alternate layout, I am planning a 3x6" rectangle spacer block in a light blue.  This makes the rows wider, but does nothing to increase the quilt's length.  I had originally thought to do an 8x10 block layout --counting only the EB blocks, that is--but increased it to an 8x13 layout to balance the width to length ratio.  There will be borders added to the quilt top when the center is complete. 


There are a couple of rogue blocks in the pic, where I used dark prints for the rectangles instead of lights.  Time to cut more pieces!

Plenty of choices in the blue-green-purple scrap drawer. The red-orange-yellow drawer also provided many options.


I'm hoping to get all these blocks sewn up as leader-enders during Sewtopia.  There will be a lot of use of the GO die cutter this week for the main project I want to make.  

There is more to do for the Windham Fabric Challenge but I have finalized my design choices and will get lots done on that tomorrow.  I'll be adding faces to the cat blocks for Slow Sunday Stitching. 


I've severely depleted this drawer of precut 1.5 and 2" scraps since this pic a year ago!  The scrap kitty always needs to be fed, right?

3 comments:

Kate said...

Your Easy Breezy blocks look great. What a great scrappy stash buster.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

My Scrap Kitty is ravenous! I love your Easy Breezy project is wonderful; personally, I'd leave in the "rogue" blocks for interest.

Tanya said...

I wish I could say the same as my scrap bins just keep overflowing! I need to stop cutting up scraps and start sewing them.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...