Sunday, November 21, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching--Cat stitch progress and Birthday

 Slow Sunday Stitching--see more stitchers' projects on Kathy's Quilts blog.  

I've continued working on the kit I bought at my local quilt store--I previously said that it cost $5 for this DMC kit, but I was wrong.  It was $5.99 :)


Lots of stitches were added when we were vacationing recently at my brother and sister-in-law's in Arizona for a few days.  The cover photo isn't quite true to the floss shades, but I don't mind the warmer blue for the kitty. 

Our son and daughter-in-law and third grandson Dane were also spending time with their Uncle and Aunt. DIL and I went to a local park one day with Dane.  There was a huge reclaimed water basin and we were surprised and delighted when a huge geyser went off. It must have been over 100 feet high--can you see the rainbow?


Our timing was lucky as it goes off every 90 minutes or so.  Dane (bottom left of photo) liked the play equipment and the ducks and geese in the water too....but his favorite thing was giving hugs to this little girl.


They had a mutual admiration party going :)  Her brother/cousin/relative was counting the hugs.  "That's five hugs!"

I got a lot of love from family too...


I had a birthday recently and got some lovely handwritten cards from the older two grandsons.  This is Hunter's (age 5).  We are having fun in a garden, I believe. Look at all the hearts and love.



Cove, age 7, did all his own spelling.  I am happy to know he thinks I am OSOM !!!!



4 comments:

Kim said...

Well, of course you are "osom"! So glad you set us right re the price of the stitching kit. =) How wonderful you were able to spend lovely times with your family. LOVE that sweet little kitty; and I think that blue is the perfect shade of blue.

Janet O. said...

LOL--love the osom!
Hope you had a lovely birthday.
Cute story about the little girl and the hugs.
I do see the rainbow. I'll bet that geyser is more faithful in its timing than Old Faithful (I'm guessing that this is man-made, of course).

Tanya said...

Happy Birthday! You are OSOM of course, I don't know about as a grandmother but I know you are as a quilter!

Kate said...

Happy belated birthday! Those cards are too cute. Hope you've been able to work in more handwork or some sewing room time during the holiday.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...