Sunday, December 19, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching--More Christmas stitching

 Slow Sunday Stitching--see more beauties on Kathy's Quilts blog. 

My main DMC kit cross-stitch project is perking along slowly this week due to a certain holiday coming up :)  I was able to get started on a new color, the light green of the cat's body.


I am looking forward to getting some more slow stitching time during the holidays. We have 12/24 and 12/31 off as our paid holidays due to the weekend dates, and are closing at noon on the Thursdays before.  So nice!

Other slow stitching did involve cross-stitch.  Many years ago when I worked as a medical historian and transcriptionist for an orthopedic group, I made stocking ornaments for most of the employees, that hung on the reception room Christmas Tree. 


This one was for one of the doctors, who passed away many years ago.  I loved the vintage Santa fabric and didn't have a stocking for Grant, so I made him one by unstitching the top of the stocking and embroidering his name on a new piece of Aida.  


I reused the satin cord as well.  The Dear Santa ornament I made years ago always makes me smile. 


Here's mine.  The kids all have one as well and I've made many more over the years as gifts :)

The final slow stitching this week was tacking down the binding on the secret Santa mat. 

There was quite a struggle to attach these leftover bias binding strips to this little mat, but I am always happy to get those used up. It looks a bit wonky in this pic!

Okay, off to wrap gifts and make a list for the Christmas Eve dishes I've volunteered to bring to our family dinner with the kids. So nice of Elaine and Chris to take it over!

1 comment:

The Cozy Quilter said...

So fun to see the cat ..so colourful! Nice ornaments too. Everyone has been busy with holiday projects!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...