Thursday, January 27, 2022

Pladish2 Play

There has been some sewing going on--I did get the binding on the quilt of the moment,  Summer Breeze in 30's prints, but no pics yet. I could not resist sewing up at least one block for the Plaidish2 quilt, from all the colorful scraps I cut up over the weekend. Free pattern and tutorial on Kitchen Table Quilting.  

This is the A block.  That;s a lot of pieces but it I chain pieced to keep the rows straight. 


I pressed the rows as I usually do for a quilt top, odd rows to the left, even rows to the right.  Very scrappy block and it makes me happy to see all the pieces cut from the scrap drawers.  


Of course there was feline quality control by Mini.  She is still spending a lot of time lying on this paper mailer on the sewing room floor, so funny!


Mini disappears when this grandson comes over once a week when Papa picks him up from school.  Hunter was having a good time coloring a Paw Patrol character.  He also beat his grandparents in a game of Trouble; he would close his eyes and say what number he wanted to roll of the dice and darned if he didn't get it nine times out of ten!  

We've had a lot of windy days but not too severe.  It keeps the fog away and we have pretty deep blue skies. 


 Lots of jet trails too!  We hope more rain will come our way.  California is still very dry and our aquifers are low from the past years of drought.  Friday is nearly here! Looking forward to the weekend.

3 comments:

loulee said...

Lovely quilt block, great way to use up some scraps.
Our cat loves to sit on paper bags and other odd things that make it to the floor.

Janet O. said...

Oh, wonderful, another Plaidish quilt. Love them! I see some great older prints in your block. Love the see the "aging" fabrics come out to play. ;)
Wow--Hunter has grown!
What a gorgeous blue sky.

Tanya said...

Hunter is getting to be so big!

Ah, I keep thinking about the Pladish quilts but never can get my scraps organized enough to start one.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...