Sunday, January 30, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching--Some Embroidery, some sewing

Slow Sunday Stitching--see more beautiful projects on Kathy's Quilts blog. I have not touched the Cat cross-stitch project all week.  I'm not sure what I worked on but the sewing room is still messy :)  The only handwork was stitching on a label to the Summer Breeze quilt that is going to a friend of our daughter's, who has cancer. 


Stephanie got married since I saw her last a few years ago, so I had to ask our daughter what her new last name was.  Turned out she didn't change it so I added the K. What do you think of my label?  I used the same Valentine's day cardboard decoration as a template for  the label as I did for quilting some of the blocks.  

I couldn't resist playing with the binding cutoff triangles made from this sweet 30's green print. I trimmed them to 2".  A mini charm pack with 30's colors has been hanging around the sewing room for a long time. 


They played well together. 


I have a long piece of leftover binding to cut more triangles from.  These 16 won't make a very big doll quilt for a future granddaughter, if we ever have one :)


5 comments:

Joyful Quilter said...

Cute idea for the binding scraps...does the picture show the layout or will you do something different with the little blocks? I have a mini charm pack of 30's fabrics that I've never known what to do with them. You have given me ideas. Thanks.

Deb said...

Love your label, great idea making those triangles from the binding, it will make a sweet doll quilt.

Sherrill said...

I LOVE your cute little heart label cut with your pinking shears and stitched perfectly to the quilt. I know she'll love it.

CathieJ said...

I like how you used the binding scraps. The fabrics from the charm pack complement it wonderfully.

Tanya said...

I've never thought about making a doll quilt but that will probably change if I ever have a granddaughter myself.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...