Sunday, January 23, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching--and Other Progress

 Slow Sunday Stitching--see more great handwork happening on Kathy's Quilts Blog in her weekly linkup. 

The DMC Cat Kit stitch is nearing the end. 


I added the dark crosses in the body and tail, the eyelashes, and started on all the white.  The kit calls for 3 strands for this color so it is slower going.  I'd say I am about halfway through all the white.  The last step is to add surface embroidery to the design for more detail.  Such a fun stitch.  

The quilt of the moment got thread tails dealt with and the binding made. I found two more pinwheel blocks that were missing a section of ditch stitching, so took care of that.  Then I hand trimmed the excess batting and backing away.  I plan to apply the binding to the back and machine stitch it down on the front.  So happy this top I completed in May 2020 will have a new home soon. Pattern is Summer Breeze from the Scrap Basket Surprises book by Kim Brackett.


Tomorrow for Design Wall Monday I will show the next Kim Brackett quilt that has been waiting a turn to be made!

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The cat cross-stitch is so much fun! I really love the colors you've used. Such a pretty quilt you're finishing up now, too. The 30s fabrics are so sweet!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Lovely bright colours in the cat and your quilt!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your kitty cat stitch is as cute as a button and your quilt is just as delightful. Love the fabrics. Have a great week and happy quilting.

CathieJ said...

That cross stitch is adorable. I do like the colors in that pretty quilt.

Barb said...

that cat is so charming!
great pinwheel quilt too

Tanya said...

Where is your cute kitty stitchery going to live when you get it all done?

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...