Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Go Four It Quilt

Nearly three years ago I finished a quilt top based on the Go Four It challenge in APQ magazine, inspired by another APQ magazine quilt by Edyta Sitar, with a final setting based on a Bonnie Hunter quilt, Daybreak. How's that for a winding road :)  


Goals this year being more finished quilts, I pulled out some magazines to look for border ideas.  The top is 51 x 66 or so.  The setting fabric is a Jan Patek fabric I chose as it was fairly non-directional.  I made the side setting triangles large so that the pieced blocks would float.  While perusing magazines, I saw a quilt that used a border design that extended the floating look even more, and sketched it out.  I cut  2.5" border strips with my GO cutter, and 4.5" corner squares. 

Liking it! I set the color blocks and light blocks to make chains in the quilt.  Can you see them?


All four sides attached.  I liked the way the corner square extended into the floating center. 


Closeup of the corner square fabric, a remnant left over from another scrappy quilt.  One of the grandsons toybox cars appeared when I moved the recliner to lay out the quilt :)


Considering this yardage from stash for a final border but will have to do MATH to determine if I have enough of it. 


Some of the first border fabric is in one of the pieced blocks.  I  love all the scrappiness!

4 comments:

Chantal said...

It's wonderful! I love it! I have Go Four It on my to-do list with sashing and all à la Bonnie Hunter, but I really like your version without a sashing. Well done with the borders. ;^)

Joyful Quilter said...

I hope you have enough of that final border fabric it looks great

Tazzie said...

That looks fantastic Annie! I started a few blocks of this project a while ago and put it aside, yours is so pretty I think it will inspire me to dig mine out again!
Hugs, Tazzie

Tanya said...

Oh that is such an amazing quilt! The colors just sparkle and the setting is so wonderful!!! Such an heirloom! Such a beauty!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...