Sunday, February 20, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching--an Old Stitch

 Slow Sunday Stitching--see more lovely work on Kathy's Quilts Blog. 

I'm between projects so am showing an old one that is getting a new life in a Bookshelf Quilt for my niece, Emma. 


Many years ago I started this large Beatrix Potter alphabet--it could even have been FOR Emma's nursery! She's about to finish college now...The thread count was high and my time short in those days.  I never completed more than this section.  At one point I had put it in a donation box but took it out--all that work, you know!  I showed it to Emma and she liked the mousies with the S.


I like another charming critter too...


Another mouse, I think, with the strawberry.  I noticed the outline stitching around part of the leaf behind the "P" is missing!  The characters are so awfully sweet. I'll have to be very creative in cutting apart the S stitching--or may have to use the P or L.  If I use the P I'll have to finish the outlining, lol. 

Emma also liked this little embroidery I did much more recently--only four years ago :)


These will be framed in fabric to sit on the bookshelves.  I have a lot of work ahead of me but will enjoy the creative process.  Really wish I had a design wall instead of a design floor.  I've been looking at the retractable design walls and may just have to splurge! 

5 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

So very sweet! I do adore Beatrix Potter animals.
I hope you can find something to do with these lovely stitcheries!

Kim said...

This is adorable with all the Beatrix Potter characters. I am afraid I would not be able to get up from a Design Floor. =)

Maggie said...

Love your beautiful Beatrix Potter stitching. A lot of work, it takes time to do. So worth every stitch.

Jenny said...

Such beautiful work! I dont have a design wall either, but I do you the top of our bed to lay blocks out while pinning and assembling the rows.

Tanya said...

They are so beautiful! It is a shame not to display those cute creatures! I hope youget them all framed for some beautiful artwork for your walls.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...