Saturday, April 30, 2022

Stitching Things Up

Lots going on in the sewing room.  I started with the pile of Memory Lane blocks hogging the end of the cutting table. Pattern by Ellen Replogle from her book Laps From Fats for Family and Friend, 2006.


They went together easily as there are no seams to match at this point. I plan to finish all the rows today, but did not feel like working on them last night.  Instead I played in the leftover blocks and pieces drawer.


That was fun!  Another Plaidish2 block was partially assembled as well.  None of these are pressed as I was too lazy to get the ironing board out for this late night play. 

My leader-ender blocks also didn't get pressed.  I'm  down to just a few more of these Adam's Ribs block pieces; maybe they will last through completing the Memory Lane top. 


After my manicure appointment yesterday, I took a turn through my local fabric store.  These remnants jumped into my hands!  Some good chunks there for less than the cost of a fat quarter. The black and white yardage was also discounted 30% so I got a yard and a half.  I liked that is non-directional.  Ok, off to get some sewing done before grandsons' ball games. 

1 comment:

Tanya said...

You've got a lot of projects going on! Even though I have an ironing table that is always ready for some ironing, it seems to get filled up with STUFF that needs to be moved for any serious block ironing... Time to put things away!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...