Monday, April 25, 2022

Design Wall Monday--Memory Lane Blocks Finished

 Design Wall Monday-- See more Design Walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog. 

I pushed to get all the Memory Lane blocks finished over the weekend.  

This one turned out really pretty.   There was a proud moment that turned comical with another block. 


How I didn't notice all the mistakes until the block was completely finished was pretty ridiculous!  I had to disassemble nearly the entire block to put it right.  

My leader-ender project also had an oops. 


That was fast to fix, just one seam.  There were lots of these Adam's Rib blocks finished over the weekend. 


I have another nice pile of cut pieces to work on when I assemble the Memory Lane rows. I played thread chicken with the last Memory Lane block.

Layout and switcheroo of these blocks was hard, since there are 5 fabrics in each block in different positions. 


There was another session after this layout. Finally I called it quits


I look forward to getting this top together--the Oh My Darling fabric collection has waited years to get this far! 

3 comments:

Chantal said...

Lovely! Well done Annie! ;^)

Janet O. said...

If I were to attempt making those blocks, most all of them would probably turn out all skee-wampus, as my Dad used to say. You have done well. The blocks look really good together, and I like that this fabric collection doesn't look like a coordinated collection as much as some that have a real match-matchy feel. There are different tones and textures here that give it depth.
That is a very bold colored leader/ender project! :)

Joyful Quilter said...

I really like the Memory Lane blocks (and quilt). The Adam's Ribs blocks are bright! Love the pink. Both look like they have been fun to work on.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...