Sunday, May 22, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching--Winter Bouquet DMC kit

Slow Sunday Stitching--see more great projects shared on Kathy's Quilts blog. 

I've slowly been adding more stitches to the DMC Winter Bouquet kit.  More Color!  More Shapes!  I'm avoiding all the white stitching so far :)


Love the brighter colors in this kit.  I'll flush out that center flower before continuing clockwise.  Notice I put a "T" at the top of the Aida to keep me oriented, since my two color center line stitching didn't clue me in enough :)  There were a lot of stitches added on Friday after I got sent home from work again, on Day 11 of this stupid coughing-nose-blowing URI.  The PA wrote me a script for a Zpack.  I'm still coughing and blowing my nose, but it is better.  Maybe I'll be well by Memorial Day...

I've gotten another older quilt top sandwiched and will show that tomorrow, hopefully with some walking foot quilting started. 

3 comments:

Julierose said...

sorry to hear you are still under the weather!! That isn't a lot of fun at all!!
Your project is coming along so well--it will be pretty--hugs and feel better Julierose

Quilter Kathy said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Hope the stitching helps to pass the time until you fully recover. Great idea to put a T at the top!

CathieJ said...

I really like the floss colors of this cross-stitch piece. I usually try to leave the white until close to the end myself. I am sorry that you haven't been feeling well. I hope you feel better by the holiday weekend.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...