Monday, September 19, 2022

Design Wall Monday--More Scrappy play

Design Wall Monday--see more design walls on  Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog. 

I played with more scraps over the weekend.  There were a bunch of long strips left over from the cutting party for my SIL last weekend, which were 1.5" wide, just right for this little project. I used four different green 1.5 x 2.5" prints and a neutral center, but lots of variety for the four corners of the rectangular blocks. 


It didn't take long to sew up the remining sets I'd laid out and sew them into this small quilt.  The blocks finished at 3x6".  For now I'll set it aside. 

I made a visit to Superbuzzy quilt shop on Saturday while hubby Grant was playing golf.  There were lots of new fabrics and patterns to look at.  I wanted to see if I could find a solid fabric to match the nail polish my manicurist picked out for me.  I told my idea to the shop owner, Kelly, who advised that the color was a difficult one to match!  The closest Kona solid was Burgundy, so I got some of that.  Then, while perusing the sale shelves I found a print that was even closer. 


The color was very close and I liked the geometric shapes. 


It is an Art Gallery Fabric called Succulence by Bonnie Christine.  I think it would be fun to make placemats out of this print. I'll have to ask my manicurist friend what color OPI the polish is.  I often let her choose the color for me--she loves that I like to change polish all the time and it's a fun change for her from the same three neutrals most people choose!

4 comments:

Nann said...

The scrappy blocks are great -- the rectangles elevate them from an ordinary nine patch. Love the Art Gallery isometric and on sale is even better!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

The scrappy rectangles are fun and a great use of the fabric! Love the color of your nails and fabric...I stick to the boring neutral tones!LOL

Tanya said...

Fun fabric!

I can't abide nail polish though when I'm in the States I'll have a pedicure and fun toes. I don't know why that isn't a thing in Japan (or at least in my town). Lots of nail salons but they don't do pedicures. Strange as it feels so good to have scrubbed feet!

Kate said...

Pretty nails and fun fabrics! I quit wearing nail polish in Instrumental Lab back in college, we washed all our glassware with acetone. After ruining both my nails and a few samples, I gave up nail polish. It's just not compatible with my profession.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...