Thursday, December 29, 2022

Christmas Meadowland Motif Quilting

 Today's sewing room activity was dedicated to the Meadowland Christmas Quilt.  I really want this completed before it is time to clear away all the season's decor!  To that end, I concentrated on the white squares. I drew up a peppermint candy swirl on freezer paper. 

The fabric had a six section red and white candy, as you can see above, but I added another "arm" to the swirl for the large white squares.  I used a six inch plate to draw the circle and then cut apart a fairly freeform drawing of the swirls.  The swirls didn't take too long to draw into the 9 white squares in erasable pen.  Note: the designer's pattern called for smaller squares that met in the corner of the big blocks; I wanted to eliminate those lines so assembled my version differently from Meghan's pattern (Then Came June).


I stitched these in white thread but they would be cute in red or green thread too.  

The nine squares are all quilted, burying the threads is on tomorrow's agenda.  The final quilting job will be the rectangles on the sides.  I'm considering either wooden spoons or candy canes there.  Oh! and the corner squares will also need something...

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

That is a fun design for the squares. Other than what I suppose involved a bit of back-tracking, it looks like it wasn't too hard and yet looks really cute. Nice job!

Kate said...

A very fun and appropriate quilting motif for that quilt. Happy stitching in 2023!

Tanya said...

Great designing!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...