Monday, February 27, 2023

Design Wall Monday--Bookshelf Quilt

 Design Wall Monday--see more great design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog. 

I gave myself a month-end deadline with the Bookshelf Quilt for my niece, Emma, that has been hogging the design wall for months. Real life interruptions will likely push back a finish, but progress is being made after a long hiatus. 


Sandwiched books between the brass trimmed bookends--and another grouping of three books are stitched together now.  Directions are from the Fabric at Work Bookshelf Quilt Pattern.  

I also made a start on another grouping.


I added the toile black and white strip to one book spine.  Lots more decisions to make, but I am having fun playing in the scrap drawers, as usual!  Next task is to make some horizontal book stacks to support some feline friends.


I did buttonhole stitch down the tails but don't have a photo of that.  These cats are about 7 inches tall and need probably both more black background at the top as well as some book spines under them. 

There are then a couple of embroidery pieces that need enlarging/framing for the bookshelves.  Good to be working on this again.

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like your bookshelf blocks! I've never made a bookshelf quilt, but have had that on my list for a long time. It's such a fun design - I bet your niece is going to love this!

Janet O. said...

This is such a cool quilt. Love the idea of having cats sitting on books, and embroidered pieces on the shelves. Really clever.

Tanya said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your finished bookshelf quilt!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...