Sunday, February 26, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching--A Floral Finish in Sight

Slow Sunday Stitching--see more handstitching lovelies on Kathy's Quilts blog. 

I am pleased to report all the main cross stitching is finished on the DMC kit I have been working on/off for what seems like months.  From the kit, you can see there is a lot of outline stitching and surface embellishment to do as well.

Here's where it was 1/15/2023:


And as of today: 

There was a break of a couple of hours before this pic, when I was ONE strand short of finishing the blue blobs at the top of design.  It is that brighter aqua, an unusual shade, and there was nothing in the several boxes and bags of my floss stash that was even close.  I tried substituting another shade, but it looked odd--so off to Michael's I went. 

We've been having a lot of storms in SoCalif so I brought my umbrella.  Coming out of the store, the cloudy sky was spectacularly dark to the northwest.


Opposite view brought a piece of a rainbow. 


I followed the rainbow all the way home. 

3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Good progress on your stitching... love that needle minder :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

Getting so close to the finish line! So pretty!

Tanya said...

Beautiful skies even if they are stormy.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...