Monday, February 1, 2010

Blogland curiosities

I'm wondering if it is just me, or has it been difficult to post comments for anyone else lately?  A couple of times late last week I would hit the "comments" button and nothing would open.  I could neither read the comments nor leave one.  Once, the comments window pop up was UNDER everything when I closed all the internet windows as I was logging off!  Mostly I notice it with word verification--it sometimes takes three tries for a comment to "take".  On some blogs, first I hit comments, scroll down to the bottom, make my comment and hit Post.  It takes me back to the top of the comments, so I scroll down to make sure my comment posted.  I get a message that my "request could not be processed".  So I hit post again.  Only then will it pop up with the word I must copy and finally when I hit "post comment", it actually happens.  I first noticed this phenomenon during the Fall Quilt Festival.  I wonder how many comments I made in the months prior that disappeared into cyberspace because I had not checked to see if my comment took? 

If anyone is encountering this on my blog, I would love to know!  Its such fun to get comments and I would hate to think something is happening to prevent them sticking here.  I have no idea what I could actually do to fix it, but at least I can bring it to Blogger's attention.  Happy Commenting!

5 comments:

Libby said...

I think Blogger is just testing us. I've not had troubles leaving comments . . . but rather the random 'no reply' Who knows what they are doing.

Nancy said...

Yes, I have had the same thing happen on several blogs that I follow. It seems to vary from blog to blog, but it can be annoying. (I just tried to leave this comment and the "Your request could not be processed" message appeared a couple of times.

On my own blog, I am getting a lot of "No Reply" addresses, so I cannot respond to the comments. I have checked all of my blog settings and cannot find a fix for this annoyance.

Julie in the Barn said...

It happens to me, too, including on your blog, Annie. I think it has to do with the word verification and the template that you have chosen. It often happens to me on blogs that use Wordpress instead of Blogger. I get a lot of "no reply" comments as well. I always try to track the commenter down by seeing if they have a blog and finding their e-mail address there. Often, they don't have a blog and don't have an e-mail visable in their profile.

Jan said...

I haven't had any problem. I guess I've been lucky. I always wish bloggers would turn off the word verification - thingy.

Tanya said...

No problems here on your blog that I've noticed. Blogger and even g-mail was doing strange things a couple of weeks ago for mine but I think they've worked them out.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...