Monday, July 6, 2015

Design Wall Monday--July 6, 2015

We had a great 4th of July weekend, spending time with lots of family and watching the fireworks from my parents' backyard.  Grandson Cove (16 months) was a little scared at first, but his Great Auntie Kathy had explained before they started that they would be really loud and go "pow pow" and "boom boom".  He had his eyes glued on the display while in his mother's arms, and kept saying "boom boom".  He was totally worn out by the end of that long day!  

On my design surface today are some completed blocks for the comfort quilt I'm making our neighbor's son, who has an osteosarcoma on his leg and is undergoing chemo prior to surgery  He's feeling well enough to join his All-Star baseball teammates in the dugout this week. 

I'm liking these so far!  I've been careful with my piecing so the top will go together easily once all 20 blocks are complete. I got 10 done yesterday.

Next one is laid out next to my machine with the others stacked and ready to go.  


I also managed to finally finish the big-stitch embroidery on some pillow fronts for Euro pillows I promised daughter Erica at Christmas!  This was the second of the two fronts.  Now on to the pillow construction.  I've already got the zippers and pillow inserts as well as the back pieces cut.  I'll have to revisit my notes to see what finished size I planned.  Don't want them to be too big or too small.

See more Design Walls on Judy's Patchwork Times

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

I'll bet it was fun to watch Cove watch the fireworks.
Good progress on the comfort quilt!

Joyful Quilter said...

I really like the comfort quilt pattern...every time you've shown it I look at my stash and go hmmmmm....then I smack me upside the head and yell...YOU WILL NOT START ANOTHER QUILT (yet). hehehe

Shay said...

Nice progress Annie, both on the quilt top and the cushion front. Love that hand stitching detail on the cushion. It reminds me of Indian Kantha stitching.

Sherrill said...

LOVE that comfort quilt. Don't think I've ever seen that pattern before--he's gonna love it! And your big stitch is lookin' good. I know she'll be glad to get those pillows!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Such a great compliment of colors and design. That is a terrific block. Love the big stitch. on the pillow front. All of these internet babies are growing up so fast. :o)

Kate said...

Sounds like you had a very nice 4th of July. The blocks for the comfort quilt look great!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...