Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Still Timbering

Lots of sewing and cutting and double checking parts and diagrams happening here. 

The center section completed, I moved on to multiple other sections. 
None of these are entirely complete but it looks like progress, doesn't it? Speaking of Timber, a couple of weeks ago my brother texted, asking if I were home, and then said he was coming over with his chainsaw. The prolonged drought had killed our ornamental pear tree and it needed to come down. 

Within about 15 minutes our view changed forever. 
Someone else likes the debris still in the yard:
Mini finds this a great scratching post!

I'm home sick today with a fast moving cold and if I can stay upright for long, will stitch and cut on Timber. I'm pretty tired of blowing my nose already!

4 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

WOW girl…..talk about a puzzle piecing! I LOVE this quilt! Super Dooooper FABULOUS!!

We've had to cut down a couple of drought casualties too. I hated it that one of those was my nectarine tree….I think maybe it was more it's age that the drought issue.

Joyful Quilter said...

If it wasn't for the eyes, Mimi looks like she could be mistaken for one of the logs.

Can't wait to see more of the quilt.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Janet O. said...

This quilt is quite the puzzle. Looking really good so far. I wonder how you can concentrate on it with a cold. I'd be cross-eyed with a headache. : )
What a good brother!

Kate said...

You are making great progress on Timber. Sorry about the cold, hope you are feeling much better now. Drama Teen had a nasty one over the weekend, thankfully she's doing better.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...