Saturday, May 23, 2009

Blogger, misc.

Turns out what I thought was "my" Internet Explorer problem is actually a Blogger issue. I found that out by reading an entry on Nancy's blog. When it aborts and hangs up, I can usually just open another tab and try again and it will load the blog I want. I hope they clear this up soon but am relieved it isn't my computer that has the problem! I did upgrade to IE 8 as well.

Also last weekend Grant and I went to see the new Star Trek movie. I have been a fan of the show since I was a kid and my dad used to watch it, with that old campy, cheap set and toggle switches for controls! The remake is really fun, going back to the youth of Captain Kirk, etc, and how he got into Star Fleet. There is lots of action and special effects but also humor and really good characters and villains. They used some of the favorite old lines like "Are you out of your Vulcan mind? " It was great fun and there was no swearing or explicit sex scenes/nudity, such an unusual thing these days!

American Idol's finale was also terrific. I didn't watch most of the season, giving up after the "Hollywood week" drama, but really enjoyed the season ender and was glad that Kris Allen won, though Adam Lambert certainly will not lack for success as well. The summer TV season will drone on and I'm going to make an effort to watch less and sew more. There is much I want to accomplish quilt-wise these next few months. June is nearly here and the year keeps speeding up. I want to tell it to slow down!

No comments:

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...