Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First of September

The fall colors of my ornamental pear tree performed a wonder today.


Can you spot the spiderweb? I looked out from my kitchen garden window and saw the orange leaf in mid air, about two feet off the ground. Of course when I opened the door and went out to see what was going on, I had to go back in and get my camera! Even Russell the dog thought it was odd and reached up his nose to sniff the leaf, but luckily did not knock it down. Fall is coming slowly but inexorably closer as the days shorten and the sun is lower in the sky.

1 comment:

Stephanie D said...

When that sun starts moving south again, it begins to shine right in my face at the sewing table--which means it's time to close the curtains in the mornings again. I really should put some blinds up.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...