It's a manly flannel quilt for a Boston Terrier who likes to burrow under the covers. The bear print was a recently purchased remnant and the buffalo check, tan and red solids from stash. Those are 6" finished squares and I'll do a quick stitch and turn with a fleece backing.
My nephew John's quilt top went through some color change plans. Originally the third border was going to be the multicolored dot but I decided to calm it down with the pastel green and use the nulticolored dot for the binding. I also changed my mind about the four patches in the second border and ended up with brighter colors than the two blues I originally planned. Those other four patches will get used on the back probably.
Love the animals in this print!
Here's the mini made from Grant's Diamonds leftovers. I am thinking it is doable to hand quilt as it is pretty small, only 18 x 24 inches. It will be simple and definitely prim looking big-stitch type of quilting. These were all leftover triangle squares. I matched them up to make square in square blocks. The pic should enlarge a bit to see the seams. Hmm, loking at this pic, I may have to switch the bottom right two border triangles--don't like that bigger brown triangle that is jumping out!
Judy has another Quiltathon this weekend and I am going to play along, probably unofficially! Goals are to get John's quilt finished and also Scully's. If I cut the dilly-dorking to a minimum, it will be a great finish to the first three day weekend of the year!