Friday, September 3, 2010

Favorite Things Friday

My friend, General Pyjamas, is having a new feature on her blog and I'm linking up.  It was already Friday in her part of the world--Down Under--but she graciously has allowed for the remainder of the world to join in when Friday gets to them. Isn't she sweet?

The favorite item I'm showing is a painting.  I have the artist's permission to post this on my blog with the caveat that no one steal the photo.  So please play nice, especially since the artist is my Mom. 
Used with permission of artist.  Do not copy.  Thank you!
This is a painting of Two Trees, a hill that is the backdrop to a great deal of our city.  I grew up in the flatland at the base of these hills and my parents still live there today.  This was the hill that was on fire a couple of months ago, as shown in this post.  My mom was in the middle of painting this piece, many years ago, when she developed a detached retina and had to undergo emergency surgery--a very scary time.  Fortunately she regained her sight and this was the first painting she finished afterwards.  It means a great deal to me.  I am also fortunate to have many other original Ledlie works of art in my home. 

Here we are standing in front of another.  Love you, Mom!  Go see more Favorite Things Friday here, until I put her button on my blog.  I seem to be lousy at grabbing those suckers.

8 comments:

Marg said...

That is a beautiful painting, your mom is very talented. You both have beautiful smiles too.
I forgot both the linky thingy button and to link back to General P's blog on my post.

Larri said...

What a lovely painting! And just as lovely is your Mom. :o) She's so talented. I can 'hear' the affection as you write about her. Thanks for sharing. Happy Friday! :o)
Larri at Seams Inspired

Shay said...

Gosh Annie do you look like your mum much?

(You can now apply all the things I have ever said about your lovely looks to your Mum too please)

What a fabulous painting. Love the way the sky looks. I'd like to see more of her work. Did anyone else in the family get her "painting" gene?

I can see why this is one of your favourite things. Thanks for sharing FTF (and your Mum ) with us.

P.S. I hope you were saluting when you wrote this post.

Paulette said...

What a great painting! I'm glad your mom recovered and was able to complete it.

seabreezequilts said...

Lovely painting. And I forgot the linky thing too. Better go back and correct.

Michelle said...

Lovely! So glad your mom was able to finish it.

Tanya said...

And I have MET that artist! Just beautiful! (the art and the artist and the artist's daughter!)

Elizabeth said...

Wow. Your mother is a wonderful artist. I love the painting behind you two. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

xo -E

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...