Roy G Biv helped me out--Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet were sorted into groups. I added brown, black, and lights too.
I removed any pieces smaller than 2 1/2" since my plan was to cut everything else to that size strip.
These are just the odd sized pieces I had been throwing in a couple of boxes, destined for my precut strip drawers once trimmed to size. The lights, blue and red strips already got ironed, ready to make a Kitchen Sink Quilt from the book Scrap Basket Surprises. Yes, I started another new project---Feeding the addiction! I also spent about 2 hours at JoAnn's fabrics yesterday, just wandering about and looking at everything. Some great deals landed in my basket. I have a long list of cutting jobs to do, and a fresh blade in my rotary cutter. Look out!