Sunday, November 28, 2010

Roy G Biv

My scrap boxes overflowing, I set about remedying that problem this weekend. 

Roy G Biv helped me out--Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet were sorted into groups.  I added brown, black, and lights too. 

I removed any pieces smaller than 2 1/2" since my plan was to cut everything else to that size strip.

These are just the odd sized pieces I had been throwing in a couple of boxes, destined for my precut strip drawers once trimmed to size. The lights, blue and red strips already got ironed, ready to make a Kitchen Sink Quilt from the book Scrap Basket Surprises.  Yes, I started another new project---Feeding the addiction!  I also spent about 2 hours at JoAnn's fabrics yesterday, just wandering about and looking at everything.  Some great deals landed in my basket.  I have a long list of cutting jobs to do, and a fresh blade in my rotary cutter.  Look out!

3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Can't wait to see what you're up to!!

Joyful Quilter said...

It amazes me how much work sorting through scrap boxes can be. Good job!

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

I love scrappy quilts..let us know if you need more scraps. Im always happy to donate.

I think I need to start something new just to feel inpsired. Quilting is hard work at the moment!